It has been an exciting couple of weeks since I last wrote. Our children are growing up so quickly. Emily sat up for a good 4 minutes. They can all roll both ways. It is amazing to hear them talk to each other and laugh with each other. Daniel likes adult approval, Nathan likes peer approval, and Emily often does her own thing. She is most talkative on the changing table and lately at nap time. Daniel screams with happiness (or not happiness) and loves to hear himself make noises. Nathan will stare at a sibling and wait for them to look and burst into laughter. Daniel scoots backwards often. Nathan has gone an inch or two forward, but not quite in the conventional crawling position yet. They LOVE the jumpy that Alicia lent us and look forward to the Martin's jumpy as well. They also love their exersaucers and jumparoo.
Last week we took them to the doctor for the last shot until they turn one. Daniel passed his brother again in weight and was 17 pounds 2 oz. Nathan was 17 pounds 1/2 oz, and Emily was 14 lbs 12 oz. The doctor was very pleased with their progress. We are getting closer to changing the car seats.
My parents were here to celebrate my birthday and stayed a week. They were a huge help when Will was out of town for work. We had a lot of fun with them, shopping, playing, etc. I think we wore them out. We also had play dates with the Martins, the Boyds, and dinner with the Kassingers. We also walked with our new friends - parents of twins who live really close to us. We had met them in the park and now try to walk in the park every other week. We had a barbecue at the pool, and the children were held by all of our wonderful neighbors. Joan and Joel are here helping right now, as our au pair is off in Florida on vacation. I'm so glad they were here for the first pool day, and I am definitely using both of their services. Thanks so much!!! It is a lucky time when we get to see both sets of grandparents in one month!
Today, we took them to the pool for the very first time! Thanks, Rachel and Joan for all of your help. It was fun. We used the first of our 3 rafts - as you see in the pictures. This was a huge first for us. The boys loved the water, and I think Emily will like it more next time. I don't think she was a huge fan of the cold water - though she loved the kiddie pool when we had our neighborhood barbecue at the pool. Maybe the water was warmer.
That's it for now. I'll write more later. I hope you like the pictures/videos. The pictures feature in order, two of Emily, two of Nathan, and two of Daniel.
1 comment:
You've got some of the cutest kids! Just love these pictures. I can not believe how big they are getting!!
Post a Comment