First Day of school
Theme Pictures

Hi all,
It has been a while, but I have been swamped and unable to write. This semester has started with Daniel, Nathan, and Emily attending school and my starting to work part-time. Wow - what business. I was worried that Nathan would have had a hard time adjusting, but he is doing great! Emily - they say- is the perfect preschooler - always excited by the next activity. Daniel has been a little weepy now and then. I am not sure if he has had a cold for part of it, or if he is seeing the other little boy in the class cry and cried himself for attention. It's so hard when I am not there to see what they are doing. I do know they come home happy, tired, and covered with paint.
I am working part-time for Walden and Kennesaw. I have loved having a student teacher. She is a Walden University student. I am also teaching a course for Kennesaw. I have enjoyed teaching the students, they are great! I have had frustrations with the Dean's office losing my paperwork, and being overbooked for a different class I was supposed to teach and switching classes at the last second. Hopefully, when I return at week 7, I can get my ID which will let me into the classroom I am teaching and get my parking pass.
At the end of August, we went to the doctor for their flu shots and a vaccine. They are all doing well, but Dr. Papciak is concerned with Emily's weight. She is a little further from the weight chart. Stats: Daniel - height 31 1/2" (5-10%ile), weight 23 lbs 8 oz. (5-10%ile), and head 49 cm (50-75%ile). He is catching up to Nathan's weight. Nathan - height 32 1/4" (10-25%ile), weight 24 lbs 3 oz. (10-25%ile), and head 49.4 cm (75%ile). Emily - height 31 1/2" (10-25%ile), weight 20 lbs 6 oz. (<1%ile), and head 46.2 cm (25%ile). We have been feeding them a little more and giving milk supplements. All had a Babies Can't Wait evaluation. All passed, but they want an OT to look a little closer at Nathan to give us suggestions for a few sensory issues - but nothing that qualifies him for services! Daniel had a sleep study last night to see why he still can't breathe out of his nose and he breathes rougher at night. The doctor said he was the best patient in 2 years, but of course he breathed better while there than normal. Isn't that always the case!
My parents came to visit this week while Veroniuq was out of town. We had a great time going on adventures, but all had to be indoors because we had a week of rains and floods. They called it a 100 year storm, so hopefully we won't ever see this again. We were very lucky our home was not damaged - some friends were not so lucky. While inside, we played with Play-Doh for our first time and at Play! Activity center and Jeronimos jumpy center.
They are advancing on so many things right now. Daniel is jumping a ton. He jumped the entire length of the mall the other day. It was cute. Emily skips a lot of places, I'm not sure if she is trying to jump - but it is cute. They are beginning to put a couple of words together - making phrases. I think it's great. One thing they have learned (in school?) is "I'm sorry." Emily fell the other day and whimpered and said, "I'm sorry." I told her she should apologize for it, I feel badly that she fell. She was fine - just a scraped knee. Nathan has become a lot braver. I always thought he was the cautious one, but he is becoming more independent and loves the roller coaster now. He is very fair when it comes to turns. It is adorable. Of course with all almost two year olds - isn't it always their turn? Nathan knows all of his numbers 0-9 - recognizing them. The other two know about 6-7 numbers - though in no exact order. They also all know some letters. Nathan loves the W, Daniel loves the O, and Emily like the I the best. They are so cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment