Friday, July 24, 2009

20 Months






Wow - it has been a busy six weeks, but not in the way I imagined. I had extensive stomach surgery, and the recovery was longer than anyone besides the doctor anticipated. It took the full 6 weeks to get back to 85%. A huge thank you to both my parents and Will's mom for all the hard work over the six weeks. They got up in the 5 o'clock hour every morning and worked until 7:30 pm every night. I know they have to be exhausted! On Monday, I can finally pick up the children. My parents are leaving on Monday as well. I have also learned I have the best friends in the whole world. Thank you for the dinners, the offers, the love, and the support.

Daniel had his adenoids out and tubes replaced the week before my surgery. The doctor said that his adenoids were "ginormous" and had to be removed. We were hoping he would breathe easier at night than he is, but he recovered well and never complained.

Daniel, Nathan, and Emily have had a busy six weeks, too. They now love to sing and sing along to so many songs. E-I-E-I-Ohhhhhhh is hysterical. Their hand motions are great and they still love to read. They go to story time at least once a week, and we try to take them to the park and an activity center, too. Unfortunately, their climbing skills have also improved and they can practically get anything. We also learned they love Carvel ice cream cake. From our adventures to the store to the cake for my dad's birthday, it has been fun to watch them enjoy.

I am posting some pictures of their adventures with grandparents.

No comments: